tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "P.Miller" <p.mil...@brocom.de>
Subject Re: New to servlets: Parameter initialisation in web.xml
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:08:53 GMT
Hi chris,

<init-params> specified in a <servlet> tag in the web.xml-<web-app>
context can be made available via the
ServletConfig.getInitParameter("name").

If you put them in <context-param> in the <web-app> they can be made
available
via the ServletContext object (instead of the ServletConfig as above)
--> ServletContext sc = ServletConfig.getServletContext()
    sc.getInitParameter("name")
Hth
Peter