tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cyril Bouteille <CyrilBoutei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/4.0-b7: ERROR reading java.io.FileInputStream@2d263f
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:11:53 GMT
Craig,

> > I upgraded to Apache Tomcat/4.0-b7, but am still having the same error:
> > ERROR reading java.io.FileInputStream@2d263f
> > At Line 25 /web-app/servlet/
> What is the entire stack trace?

Unfortunately, no stack trace is showing up, even with -debug. That is
the only message.

> What does *your* web.xml file look like,
> particularly around line 25?

It corresponds to the closure of the first </servlet> tag.

> The web.xml you quoted in your message is
> the standard one in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml -- you should not be
> modifying that file.

I inspired myself from $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml, but that was indeed
my web.xml. I added the definition of 2 servlets:
    <servlet-name>system</servlet-name>
    <servlet-name>controller</servlet-name>

I'm confused as to why I should not modify that file. Do you mean tomcat
"includes" the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml by default and I don't need
to redefine the standard servlets in my WEB-INF/web.xml?

> This sounds a *lot* more like an XML validation error in reading your
> web.xml file than it sounds like a class loading problem.

I can validate my web.xml offline:

cyril@wyvern:~/p4/phoenix/main/build> validxml
../app/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
Running XmlValidator...
Using parser org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
XML file '../app/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml' has been validated successfully
against its DTD.

An enlightenment on this would be appreciated. :)

Thanks,