tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>
Subject Re: Internal Server Error on first couple requests
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:00:51 GMT
What exactly do you mean by 'startup'?

If you're using ajp, you must start Apache and Tomcat together, because
of the persistent connections.  That is, if you shut down Tomcat, you
have to shut down Apache also, and vice-versa.  This is documented...

Or do you mean to say that when you start both of them up like this, you
get Internal Server Errors on the first few requests?  If so, does it
matter how long after startup you try this?  I certainly find if I try
to access Apache/Tomcat before Tomcat has finished loading, I can
sometimes get that error.

dwh