tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <d...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: Virtual Host Confusion
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:53:00 GMT
Robert,

what are you trying to achieve here?  There are two things about this
that strike me as odd:

1. in httpd.conf you have ServerName www.foobar.net, whilst in
server.xml you have host name="www.raptor.net" - as I understand it
these should be the same name.

2. the DocumentRoot you have for apache should contain all your static
files.  the docBase for tomcat however is completely different.  Perhaps
appBase would be a better name for the attribute.  That directory should
contain your WEB-INF directory, along with its contents, and quite
possibly jsp and other files that are used by the application.  However
- I wouldn't see them as being the same directory, but I support there
is no reason why they couldn't be.  If you are going that way, make sure
you prevent ppl accessing /WEB-INF directly through apache.

cheers
dim