tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ludovic Maitre <Ludovic.Mai...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: PROBLEM with...
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 11:12:44 GMT
Loïc Lefèvre wrote:

> Hem sorry, I should have say more:
>
> When the server receive the log request, a session is created (with true)
> and a redirection is made to an other page, in this page, the following code
> is executed:
>
> HttpSession session = req.getSession(false);
>
> and it return null :(
>
> So now I can ask: WHY?

Hello,

I had the same symptom and it was because my rewriterules in Apache was
"eating"
the session and the best solution i have find is to use cookies for
storing the session.

(
        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SessionInterceptor"
            noCookies="false" />  <-- was true )

I will now try to use the rewriterule mentionned in the FAQ for verify
that she
work, and if it works, i give a feedback to you/the mailing list
(it seems to be the same problem no ?)

regards,

Ludovic

--
 Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02