tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sigurður Reynisson <sig...@zoom.is>
Subject RE: Tomcat and Apache
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:26:25 GMT

>From the user guide at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html

1. Tomcat is not as fast as Apache when it comes to static pages.
2. Tomcat is not as configurable as Apache.
3. Tomcat is not as robust as Apache.
4. There are many sites with long time investment in certain web servers,
for example, sites that are using CGI scripts/Server API modules/perl/php...

We cannot assume that all of them will want to ditch this legacy.
--
sr

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustavo Mejia [mailto:gmejia@infotec.com.mx]
Sent: 3. ágúst 2001 15:36
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat and Apache

Hi !
Hello everybody,

I have an other newbie and maybe dumb question, I was reading that Tomcat
also has a Webserver functionality, is it right ?? I think it is , well, why
I is good to install it on Apache server, which is the main advantage ? Why
not just Tomcat ?

Thanks a lot for all your support !

--
Gustavo Mejía Mora