tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paresh Deshpande <pare...@india.triviumsys.com>
Subject RE: problem in loading jar files in WEB-INF\lib directory
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:42:39 GMT
thanks Rob,
got the particular information :
>>When you install an application into Tomcat (or any other 2.2-compatible
server), the classes in the WEB-INF/classes/
>>directory, as well as all classes in JAR files found in the WEB-INF/lib/
directory, are added to the class path for your
>>particular web application. Thus, if you include all of the required
library classes in one of these places (be sure to
>>check licenses for redistribution rights for any third party libraries you
utilize), you will simplify the installation of
>>your web application -- no adjustment to the system class path will be
necessary.

Then, the only question remaining is classes in my jar file are not being
loaded for
some reason. While loading the servlet, somewhere midway, the classes in
WEB-INF\lib
directory are not being loaded. strange isn't it?

regards
Paresh