tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@sfu.ca>
Subject Re: Is there a way to make a default web.xml? --Tomcat 3.x
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Someone correct me if I'm wrong plz =) but I believe the web.xml in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf is applied
to all web apps.  I think I read on the dev list (from Larry) that this feature was removed
in 3.x to increase app portability ===> that relying on a default web.xml reduces the portability
of an application.

However, this behavior is indeed present in TC4.

- r