tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@sfu.ca>
Subject Re: Preserving session variables across contexts
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:40:57 GMT
>From the servlet specification:

Section 7: Session Scope

HttpSession objects must be scoped at the application / servlet context level. The underlying
mechanism, such as the cookie used to establish the session, can be shared between contexts,
but the object exposed, and more importantly the attributes in that object, ***must not be
shared between contexts.***

It pays to read the spec before designing =/

All I can think of is storing them in a database based on session ID?

- r