tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris hutchings <chris_hutchi...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject New to servlets: Parameter initialisation in web.xml
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:00:09 GMT
Hi,
i am new to servlets, and i am working through the
examples in a servlets book,

I have to set some <init-param> parameters in web.xml
that are used in one of the examples init() method.
Unfortunately the initialisation is not working
properly and i get a 'null' when I print out the
variable.

what can i be doing wrong.

i have used the web.xml in ROOT\WEB-INF

Also I have added a context path to server.xml, so
that I can use my own named directories.
But this does not seem to work either.

I can run servlets in the
\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes folder, but I can not
get the servlets in the examples directory to work.

It must be something basic, with the configuration but
what I do not know ……

Chris