tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@sfu.ca>
Subject Re: System.err
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
If you want to do printf'ing in a web app, IMHO you're better off doing it to a file you can
tail.  I don't believe the destination of the standard streams is defined in the servlet spec,
so whatever you solution you come up with, you'd have to rethink if your app is supposed to
run in a different container.

Try Log4j, another Jakarta subproject.  It's a soopah easy & powerful logger.

GL!

- r