tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@sfu.ca>
Subject Re: passing parameter to a jsp tag
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
> <tblListe:tabListe dBms="<%= dbms %>" dBuser="TABSERV" ordnung="FaVeNa" >
> </tblListe:tabListe>
> Instead of setting dBms to dbms, it's setting dBms to <%= dbms %>
>
> What is the problem?  I looked on several newsgroups and examples on JSP
> Custom Tag and what I'm doing seems to be right.

The "dBms" <attribute> element has to have a child <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
set to true.  It means that the attribute in your custom tag can be set by a "runtime expression
value".

As well, you have to escape the hell out of your attribute values if they include '"'s.  So
if you wanted to use a request parameter you would have to do:

dBms="<%= request.getParameter(\"database-name\") %>"

On another note, I'm kinda peeved that processing the TLD isn't validating...

- r