tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "A.L." <amoslie...@yahoo.com>
Subject Servlet Uses Another Class
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:04:02 GMT
I am unable to create and run a servlet which uses
another class which I have create.  How may this be
achieved.

Here is my problem:
I have a servlet (myServlet), which needs to create an
instance of a class I designed.  I assumed that
putting the myClass.class file in the WEB-INF/classes/
directory along with the myServlet.class file would
take care of this. Yet I get a "cannot resolve symbol
error".
My next idea was to put the class file in a directory
titled myPackage.  In the myServlet class I put the
proper import myPackage.*; and in the myClass.class
file I put the code package myPackage.

I assumed that perhaps turning the class file into a
package would help.  But now I get an error stating:
package myPackage does not exist.

My question is how can I get the servlet to find the
class I created so that it may create an instance of
the class?