tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Randall Parker" <randa...@nls.net>
Subject Re: Using Tomcat with MSAccess
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2001 18:40:59 GMT
You ought to fire up a debugger and debug this.

Also, you could add some code in your catch to your insert statement that would write output
to a log file.

As for MS Access and JDBC: I've had some problems with this where resource leakage would eventually
cause the JDBC calls to slow to a crawl. I've tried closing every resource when done
with it. That just delayed the ultimate slowdown. I haven't tried recently though so maybe
JDK 1.3.1 has a fix for it. Still, I would advise using a different RDBMS. There are high
quality free ones
but if you don't mind paying I think Sybase ASA (not ASE which is the big one) for small to
medium size projects is excellent.