tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raju Jacob" <raju_ja...@iSoftel.com>
Subject java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:46:29 GMT
Hi,
	Pelease help..

	I'm getting the following error so far using Tomcat 3.2.2 on
Solaris 8, but I get the following error popping out on the
tomcat console randomly after page output is successfully
fed to a client, sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't.
The main problem is server got down after running tomcat overnight.
Some times it will automatically removing all the contexts and got down
the server.
do you have any idea about this problem , what would be the cause of
this.

The error is
--------
2001-08-10 04:10:39 - ContextManager: SocketException reading request,
ignored -
 java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAvailable(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(PlainSocketImpl.java:436)
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.available(SocketInputStream.java:141)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:217)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
--------

Best Regards,
Raju Jacob