tomcat-users mailing list archives

From was...@gmx.net
Subject What eats up time during servlet-execution besides my Servlet?
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:40:36 GMT
Hi List,
I have problens with performance of my servlet running in a stand-alone
environment.
I use the default-options for Thread Pooling.
My Servlet measures the amount of time a request takes to be executed and
reports for 500 (simulated) Session something between 1 and 2 seconds, which i
find very nice.

But my test-client reports 7-12 seconds between request and response. So
where is this time spent, if not during my servlet execution. I'm using Tomcat
3.2 on NT Server in standalone mode.

Thanx in advance for any suggestions

Greetings
Anfreas