tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "HEBBRON,TOM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" <tom_hebb...@hp.com>
Subject Strange bug - XSLT filter on Tomcat 4.0 b6
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:56:09 GMT

Hi - I've been writing an XSLT filter using the servlet 2.3 filter
mechanism, and have come across this bug several times, including in the
example xslt filter at suns JDC
(http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/JDCTechTips/2001/tt0626.html#tip2)

Basically, if the size of the transformation result is greater than the
source xml file size, the output will be truncated.
So, if I serve index.xml (599bytes) using the filter, and an xsl file which
adds quite a lot of fancy html around the data from index.xml, I wil only
get the first 599bytes of the output - although printing this output to
System.out just after calling transformer.transform will yield the complete
result stream.

The code I am using is published at the above URL.

I have also tried a couple of other example XSLT filters, and all of them
have either come up with this error, or failed to work completely.

Is this a problem with adding to the size of the servlet response - is it a
fixed size?

Thanks for any help/suggestions - I felt sure that someone else must have
discovered this as well, but couldn't see anything on the web or mail
archives.

--
Tom Hebbron                             Tel: + 44 (0) 11731 29300
hp BCO e-business                       Fax: + 44 (0) 11731 29923