tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Burrows" <george.burr...@OrbisUK.com>
Subject Is Tomcat not closing connections?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:32:43 GMT
Hi,

I have tomcat 3.1.1 installed on a solaris box. It is talking to apache on a
different solaris box.

Apache is setup to have a maximum of 256 processes but rarely actually goes
above 150.

When I check how many connections are talking to port 8007 I get over 400
using the following command :

while [ 1 -eq 1 ]; do netstat -an | grep 8007 | wc -l; sleep 5; done

How can this be happening? Is Tomcat not closing down connections that it
has finished with?

I am getting a LOT (~1 per second) of 'Connection caused software abort'
execeptions which I have rebuilt tomcat to ignore (rather than the default
action which used to be to shutdown!).

George