tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Limitations in using a different Ajp port than the standard ? (WAS Re: SAAAAAAAM! :))
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 13:16:38 GMT
Hi,
I would like to use different ports than the standard Tomcat ones. For the
HTTP listener, it works fine. However I am having trouble for the Ajp
listener which is used to stop tomcat. The issue is the following :
* When I start Tomcat I use my own server.xml file which is located in my
own directory (I start Tomcat using the -config switch). In server.xml I
also set the ContextManager home to be my own directory. So Tomcat generates
an ajp12.id file in _that_ directory (and not into Tomcat home directory,
which is normal and fine). The tomcat home directory is set to be the
directory where I have installed Tomcat.
* No, when I want to stop Tomcat, it seems Tomcat looks for an ajp12.id file
but in the ${tomcat.home}/conf and _not_ in the directory defined in the
ContextManager home or where my server.xml file is.

In other words, it seems it is not possible to start 2 instances of Tomcat
and only stop one running instance (the one with the different ajp port) by
using only one Tomcat installation ?

Is that a bug, a feature or have I forgotten something ?

Find below my start, stop scripts and relevant portion of server.xml

Thanks a lot.
-Vincent

---- start script -------

    <target name="start_tomcat_33">

        <java classname="org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main" fork="yes">
            <jvmarg value="-Dtomcat.home=${tomcat.home.33}"/>
            <arg value="-config"/>
            <arg value="${out.tomcat33.full.dir}/conf/server.xml"/>
            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar"/>
                <fileset dir="${tomcat.home.33}/lib">
                    <include name="tomcat.jar"/>
                </fileset>
            </classpath>
        </java>

    </target>

---- stop script -------

    <target name="stop_tomcat_33">

        <java classname="org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main" fork="yes">
            <jvmarg value="-Dtomcat.home=${tomcat.home.33}"/>
            <arg value="-stop"/>
            <arg value="-config"/>
            <arg value="${out.tomcat33.full.dir}/conf/server.xml"/>
            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar"/>
                <fileset dir="${tomcat.home.33}/lib">
                    <include name="tomcat.jar"/>
                </fileset>
            </classpath>
        </java>

    </target>

---- server.xml --------

[...]
        <RequestInterceptor
         className="org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp12Interceptor"
         tomcatAuthentication="false"
         port="8777" />