tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roberto B." <>
Subject Configuration
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:04:48 GMT
I use a Debian box.

I installed Apache and Tomcat 4 b6 (Apache as web server and Tomcat as
application server for jsp/servet)
Tomcat home is: /usr/tomcat4b6

I want several Virtual host (, ....)
I want to place (for example) the file for my sites in:

/var/www/ for
/var/www/ for

and now Apache gets the right path if I call a specific site.

In file httpd.conf I added (for the connection to Tomcat):

LoadModule webapp_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/
AddModule mod_webapp.c
DocumentRoot /var/www/
WebAppConnection   conn   warp   localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy   conn   /var/www/

In file /usr/tomcat4b6/conf/server.xml I wrote:

 <!-- -->

     <Context path="/test" docBase="/var/www/" debug="0"/>
In dir /var/www/ i placed

If I call I see the index.html but if I call I see the code of the file.

What is wrong???

View raw message