tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Draucker <rich...@draucker.com>
Subject Re: Not related to JSP's feel free to ignore
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:57:48 GMT
Yes, you'll need Javascript.  Just build the form on your web page using
<input type="hidden"> for the fields.  Set the field values using the
javascript.  Something like:

<script>
function sendForm(){
	document.firstField.value="firstValue";
	document.secondField.value="secondValue";
	document.formName.submit();
}
</script>

<form name="formName" method="get" action="servletUrl">

In the servlet, be sure to generate your response with
response.setStatus(response.SC_NO_CONTENT)

to avoid having a page transition in the browser.  Unless you tell them, the
user will not know a form was submitted.

- Richard

--
Richard Draucker richard@protected-data.com
Protected-Data.Com www.protected-data.com