tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shahed Ali" <sha...@enoor.com>
Subject tools.jar location ??
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2001 20:30:41 GMT
Hi,

I am having problems with tools.jar on Solaris Sparc 8
with JDK 1.3.1

I have tools.jar set in my CLASSPATH
in my /etc/profile, and I start tomcat in  rc2.d.

This does not allow me to recompile jsp pages.
I get a sun/tools/Main class not found exception when jsp pages
need to be recompiled.

When I tired a symlink under WEB-INF/lib to point to my jdk1.3.1 tools.jar,
it seems to work only if I restart tomcat manually and not on reboot from
rc2.d.

So my questions are :-

1. Where should I place tools.jar ??

2. Is thre some problem with JDK 1.3.1 tools.jar and Tomcat 3.2.1 ? I used
tools.jar from JDK 1.3.0 and I think that works fine. I suspect some
problems
with the jdk1.3.1 tools.jar under Solaris 8 Sparc JDK 1.3.1 from Sun.

Thanks
Shahed