tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Quitsch" <ext...@citti.de>
Subject wrapper.bin.parameter
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:56:01 GMT
Hi everybody

Please help me by an urgent problem !

I have installed Apache 1.3.20. It is running with mod_jk.dll and is
supporting several virtual hosts. I just removed JServ by Tomcat 3.2.2
but I'm having still one problem :
Tomcat is running as a service. Therefore I installed it via jk_nt_service.exe .
In the installation before, I was able to define java-parameters by
setting the wrapper.bin.parameters in the jserv.properties. Sure, there
is the same part in the tomcat.properties-file, but this file is not used
in my installation. I'm using one workers.properties by including it
in the httpd.conf to define the servlet-communication between apache and
tomcat. I also use one workers.properties which will be used by starting
Tomcat as a sevice. Inside this file, a server.xml-file is set, to define
Connectors, Contexts, aso. .
But where can I set parameters for the JVM ????
I tried %TOMCAT_OPTS%, but they are not used in service-mode,
only when you start Tomcat over tomcat.bat. I also tried
wrapper.cmd_line or worker.inprocess.sysprops but this did not
work either. Therefore do you know where to place the orginal
part of the jserv.properties-file :

wrapper.bin.parameters=-Dorg.xml.sax.parser=com.sun.xml.parser.Parser

I have to set the parser in this way. I'm not able to call
ParserFactory.makeParser(...) directly. It is called in some SubClasses and
these ones are using System.getProperty(...) to read the Parser.

Thanks a lot

  Michael Quitsch
  extern@citti.de