tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <tom...@shark.uchicago.edu>
Subject Are many people running Tomcat 4 in standalone mode?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:26:53 GMT
I'm curious to know if there are a lot of people out there running Tomcat in
standalone mode versus using it with Apache Web Server or some other Web
server?

Previously, I've been using it with Apache Web server on Solaris 8 with
mod_jk. However, as of version 4, it seems like it's pretty stable and it
seems to be getting sufficiently robust. So, I'm planning on running it in
standalone mode. Everything seems to be working fine.

I'm wondering if using it with Apache Web Server really makes that much
difference in terms of performance? My Web application isn't taking a
massive amount of hits, so, I think I should be OK. I was just curious what
others are doing.

Jon