tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nilesh Patankar" <nilesh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.2 Connection Problem
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 07:57:05 GMT
Hi,
I have a serious problem, sometimes my JSPs stop getting rendered while static pages are working
fine. I am using Apache 1.3.20 with Tomcat 3.2.2 on Linux Kernel 2.4.2-2 for a production
server. When I encountered the problem for the first time I thought that it was the java heap
problem so now I am starting Tomcat with JVM parameters 96MB initial heap size and 256MB max
size. Things were working fine for a while but it again happened, now I am constantly monitoring
my application. My server has 512MB RAM which seems OK for the hosted application. But even
with a small load this error happened. My static pages keep getting served properly but JSPs
don't get rendered at all and after a restart things get fine again. When I examined the mod_jk.log
the following errors appear when the JSPs stopped getting served. Please help me with some
solution whereby I don't have to keep monitoring and restarting apache and tomcat whenever
such errors occur, I am always restarting apache after a tomcat restart which was mentioned
in one of the mailing lists as a possible reason for the problem. Till now I am not even sure
if this is a JVM problem or what???

[jk_ajp13_worker.c (325)]: Error ajp13_process_callback - write failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (203)]: connection_tcp_get_message: Error - jk_tcp_socket_recvfull failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (621)]: Error reading request
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (203)]: connection_tcp_get_message: Error - jk_tcp_socket_recvfull failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (621)]: Error reading request
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (203)]: connection_tcp_get_message: Error - jk_tcp_socket_recvfull failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (621)]: Error reading request

Thanking you in anticipation.

Nilesh