tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Cooper" <ARCOO...@vac-acc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: tomcat 3.2.3 configuration
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:11:41 GMT
Hi William

   Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate it a lot.  Ok, I will try what you suggested.  However,
I do not have any servlets in my application, just JSP pages.  That being said, is it necessary
for me to define a servlet mapping?
Also, when I try http://localhost:8080/servlet/baseball, it still cannot find the directory.
 I've been following the examples I've seen to a tea, yet unsuccessful.  Aren't computers
fun :)

I'll check out the URL you gave too.

Cheers

Aaron

>>> William Kaufman <WKaufman@viquity.com> 07/24/01 12:18pm >>>
It should be

  http://localhost:8080/servlet/baseball
                        ^^^^^^^
If you want to use

  http://localhost:8080/baseball

you'll need to define your own web.xml, aliasing your servlet to "/baseball"
like,

vvvv cut here vvvv
<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>
        BaseballServlet
    </servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
        baseball
    </servlet-class>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>
        BaseballServlet
    </servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>
        /baseball
    </url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
^^^^ cut here ^^^^

For more information, read the JSDK spec, at

  http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

                                        -- Bill K.