tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erin Lester <ecles...@student.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject How to forward with new request/query string?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:36:38 GMT
I was wondering how you go about transferring control from a servlet to
another page (in this case a jsp page) before committing the response.  I
need to send request variables to this new page.  I've tried using a
request dispatcher, but I believe that this just sends the request that
the servlet got and not a new one with the querystring values (which are
appended to the url I want to forward to) in it.

Can someone tell me how to do this?  Also, what's the difference between
sendRedirects, dispatcher forwards, etc. ?  and is there any way to
transfer control to another page and have the user's location bar reflect
the address of the new page?

Any help would be appreciated!
- Erin