tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Re: Executing servlets out of WEB_INF directory
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 04:30:26 GMT
Again - there is _no_ global web.xml - as you're learning.  my suggestiong
is to create an empty WEB-INF style directory structure, and put the
web.xml in there.  If you have the classes in the classpath this should
work (apache soap does this I think).

There cant be any global web.xml because the web.xml is context
specific.  What would happen if you set context parameters in the
"global" web.xml - would they apply to all contexts?  yes, you can develop
rules for this, but its not the way it works.

cheers
dim