tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Re: Fw: Unable to start tomcat server
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:46:48 GMT
Hi,

I think someone just answered this, but cant find it in the
archives.  However, I did find
this: http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg08353.html
which answers your question.

friendly tip: the archives are very helpful (o:

cheers
dim

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Manish Pradhan wrote:

> [...]
after setting the path ,there is a problem as follows
> There is  a message when I start the startup.bat as follows
> Out of environment space
> Unable to set the classpath dynamically
> Note:To set the Classpath dynamically on the Win9x systems
> Only Dos 8.3 names may be used in Tomcat_Home
> Setting your classpath statically
> Out of environment space
> Using CLASSPATH:
> Starting Tomcat in new Window
> Bad Command or filename
> Kindky help me.

have it point to your java installation
>   this doc explains it
>   http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=5651&group_id=26042
>
>   Filip
>   ~
>   Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
>   ~
>   Filip Hanik
>   Software Architect
>   filip@filip.net
>   www.filip.net

,I go tostart the tomcat webserver 3.2.2 on my windows 98 system & click on start up.bat
there is a message"you must set JAVA_HOME to point at your Java Development Kit Installation.Kindly
oblige.