tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dmitri Colebatch <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject RE: Oracle JDBC in CLASSPATH for Tomcat 4.0
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 05:08:46 GMT
>From memory this has come up before, and it is in the servlet 2.2 spec
that the servlet container will load "all jars" in the lib dirs - hence
excluding zips.  I'm not sure how this affects the system classpath
though...

cheers
dim

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Sampige, Srinivas wrote:

> What i told you definitely works at least for the .jar files;from what you say it looks
like Tomcat isn't picking up .zip files (i personally haven't tried it with .zip files).I
would leave this question to be anwered by one of the Tomcat Dev Team members .But for now
what i would try is -

>  - edit the tomcat.bat found in the bin folder of the tomcat installation .Here is what
the first  few lines look like(what is in red is what you need to add) :-