tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: getSession(true) takes more than 20 seconds????
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:30:53 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, psalazar wrote:

| How can it be?? 20 seconds to get (create) a session object?? The first
| time I create a session object it takes 20 seconds!!

bcoz it uses SecureRandom. It only happens the first time (first
getSession()), when the secure stuff initializes. God knows what it's
doing, but the next calls to random goes much faster, just try to log in
another user, and you'll see.

You can, for development sake, use another random class, you set this in
tomcat-conf.xml thingy.

| I really, really appreciate any help on this....

Happy? ;)

--
Mvh,
Endre