tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Killing endless loop servlet - howto ? killing JVM or unload class ?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 06:28:59 GMT
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Dmitri Colebatch wrote:

| Does it intentionally loop forever?  If so, creating a new thread and having
| that do the work (hence returning tomcat's thread to the server) should do
| the trick.

How would you do that?

I thought the problem with threads was that you actually _cannot_ kill
them, even "in Java". I find this stupid, and hope I'm wrong! But
apparently you can only "ask" the thread to interrupt and check for status
by using the thread.interrupt(), and isInterrupted() inside the thread.

--
Mvh,
Endre