tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ssi and java heap
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 06:44:32 GMT
On 17 Jul 2001, Dwaipayan  wrote:

> i have a few queries:
> can SSI be used when i am using tomcat as stand alone container?

Tomcat 4.0 includes support for server-side includes, in files that end in
".shtml".

> i am doing my first project on tomcat starting with creating a project
> dir and copying the directory structure of the examples dir. now when
> running jsp which have beans accessing my local database, i get some
> memory related problems.this is supposedly due to the jsp
> container,servlet container,tomcat http server and oracle db running
> on the same machine(64mb ram,433mhz).how can i increase the JVM memory
> area(heap) for my webapp?

You can pass command line options to the "java" command that actually runs
Tomcat by setting the TOMCAT_OPTS (Tomcat 3.x) or CATALINA_OPTS (Tomcat
4.0) environment variable.  For example, on Linux running Tomcat 4.0, you
might do something like:

  export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx128m"
  $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh

to set the maximum heap size to 128 megabytes.

> kindly suggest.
> i must say so long ,u people hve been of great help!!
>

> ddr

Craig McClanahan