tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Devin Poolman" <devin.pool...@ZeroG.com>
Subject Help: Tomcat is not finding my jsps on Solaris 2.6
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 18:09:09 GMT
Any help for the following problem would be greatly appreciated..

I am running Tomcat 3.2.2 on Solaris 2.6 and for whatever reason Tomcat isn't finding my JSPs.
 It is definitely serving my static pages correctly and I have the standard web.xml mappings
(.jsps to the org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet).

My "/" context points to my webapps/myWAR directory.. inside of the that I am trying to load
http://myurl:8080/devportal/template.jsp
-this results in a Ctx(  ): 404 R( + /devportal/template.jsp + null) JSP file not found (and
the file is definitely in the right place)
http://myurl:8080/devportal/index.html
-it find this file without any problems, so I don't think its a context mapping problem.
For what other reasons would it not find my JSP?

Is there a specific mapping that I might be missing here?  This has been particularly troubling
as I have the same setup (as far as I can tell) on a Solaris 8 machine and a Linux box and
both of those seem to work fine.

Thanks for any suggestions, help or input!

-Devin