tomcat-users mailing list archives

From greyson.sm...@convergys.com
Subject Re: Determining if Tomcat is running
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 22:36:26 GMT

Probably not foolproof, but off the top of my head:

 ps -aux --cols 500 |grep $TOMCAT_HOME

                    Fredrik Liden

                    <fredrik@tran        To:     "'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'"

                    slate.com>           <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                         cc:

                    02-07-01             Subject:     Determining if Tomcat is running

                    04:15 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    tomcat-user

hey all,

Is it possible to determine if Tomcat is running?

I'm using Tomcat as a standalone server.
Occasionally Tomcat goes down and the page will not display. It's just gets
stuck.
Is there some way I can redirect a user if the servletEngine goes down?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or