tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pete" <paj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple development using tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:16:54 GMT
Hi,

I currently am trying to setup tomcat (3.3) to connect to apache-1.3.20,
using mod_jk (apache isn't compiled with DSO support, but has mod_jk , ssl
and php4 support compiled in) .. I can get tomcat working with it fine (i am
still loading the mod_jk module for the tomcat side) ... However we have a
large userbase (students) , and each one will want there own jsp and servlet
directories for there own independant development.. Going through the
mailing list archive search i found one user that did this per user (which
if fine, i could script something to do that for all my users):

Alias /~userX "/home/userX/www"
<Directory "/home/userX/www">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /~userX/servlet /~userX

However, i would rather not set the classpath for each individual user..
Also due to the large number of users, i would rather not have to restart
the server all the time (although at worst, i will have to set daily, and
users will just have to live with it).. Is it possible for each user to set
there own classpath etc? Anything else that i need to set to achieve this?

Cheers for help
Pete