tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gautam Sinha" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat: subject
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:55:06 GMT
A simple rule like the following already works for Outlook
for the tomcat user discussion group mailing list.

"Apply this rule after the message arrives
sent to
move it to the tomcat-user folder"

You can create other rules for your other mailing lists.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Fernandez []
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 2:45 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat: subject

Hi Jerry!

> "Li, Jerry" wrote:
> We have been flooded by emails from the mailing lists of CVS, apache,
> tomcat, and so on. All of them come into our inbox, it is very tough
> to separate them. If you send emails with "Tomcat" in the subject, we
> could easily group them and redirect them into a dedicated folder. For
> example, Windows user may create a rule in outlook to redirect all
> emails with Tomcat in the subject to a folder called Tomcat.

Instead of all of us taking the effort, we might ask the list owner to
add '[Tomcat]' to the subject.

On second thought, instead of all getting messages with '[Tomcat]' in
the subject, you might set up filters based in the sender of a message.

As a Tomcat user, you have become part of an Open Source community. That
means that you're ready to give at least part of what you take -- since
money is not the issue here (surprise!), it's effort. If you have a
problem, try to solve it yourself -- and then help others with the same

Un saludo,

View raw message