tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gautam Sinha" <gaut...@embracenetworks.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat: subject
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:55:06 GMT
A simple rule like the following already works for Outlook
for the tomcat user discussion group mailing list.

"Apply this rule after the message arrives
sent to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
move it to the tomcat-user folder"

You can create other rules for your other mailing lists.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Fernandez [mailto:afm229@tid.es]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 2:45 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat: subject

Hi Jerry!

> "Li, Jerry" wrote:
> We have been flooded by emails from the mailing lists of CVS, apache,
> tomcat, and so on. All of them come into our inbox, it is very tough
> to separate them. If you send emails with "Tomcat" in the subject, we
> could easily group them and redirect them into a dedicated folder. For
> example, Windows user may create a rule in outlook to redirect all
> emails with Tomcat in the subject to a folder called Tomcat.

Instead of all of us taking the effort, we might ask the list owner to
add '[Tomcat]' to the subject.

On second thought, instead of all getting messages with '[Tomcat]' in
the subject, you might set up filters based in the sender of a message.

As a Tomcat user, you have become part of an Open Source community. That
means that you're ready to give at least part of what you take -- since
money is not the issue here (surprise!), it's effort. If you have a
problem, try to solve it yourself -- and then help others with the same
problem.

Un saludo,

Alex.