tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Suresh Manne" <sureshma...@indbrain.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: ... Unable to convert a String to java.util.Vector for attribute imgList
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 22:06:00 GMT
org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: ... Unable to convert a String
to java.util.Vector for attribute imgListI feel that there is problem with
the type casting.
There should be something like  (java.util Vector) vector_variable =
(java.util Vector) string_variable

Try to put (java.util Vector) before string variable. Hope it works
Suresh.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Nino Uziel [mailto:nino@iweb.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 5:25 AM
  To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: ... Unable to
convert a String to java.util.Vector for attribute imgList

  Hi Guys,

  I am not much of a Java programmer, and one of my engineers is getting the
follwoing
  error message. Anyone has an idea as to why ?

  org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException: FILE_TO_BE_RUN.jsp(16,0)
Unable to convert a String to java.util.Vector for attribute imgList

          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.convertString(TagBeginGenerator
.java:268)
          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generateSetters(TagBeginGenerat
or.java:210)
          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generateServiceMethodStatements
(TagBeginGenerator.java:288)
          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generate(TagBeginGenerator.java
:357)
          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener$GeneratorWrapper.generate(J
spParseEventListener.java:771)
          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.generateAll(JspParseEventLi
stener.java:220)
          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.endPageProcessing(JspParseE
ventListener.java:175)
          at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:210)
          at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:612)
          at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
          at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:542)
          at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:258)
          at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:268)
          at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:429)
          at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:500)
          at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
          at
          at
7)
          at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
          at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection
(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)

          at
          at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

  I have tried to look into the documentation of the
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator,
  but I haven't seen much there. Any idea that can point me in teh right
direction ?

  N.