tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Loïc Lefèvre <>
Subject RE: Customize Url Rewriting + QUESTION
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:13:23 GMT
Yes you can, I'm developping a URLRewriter servlet because of the problemSSS
encounter using mod_rewrite alone :(
I Load it on startup and manage myself the url rewriting by using
response.sendRedirect or
myMainApplicatioSerlvet.doGet(request,response) + some simple rules ;)

Using servlet aliasing in tomcat is not as powerful as I expect.
Does tomcat 3.3 or 4.0 use more regular expressions for this?
(I use tomcat 3.2.3).

Loïc Lefèvre

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ashish Bajpai []
Envoyé : lundi 30 juillet 2001 17:55
À :
Objet : RE: Customize Url Rewriting

I will try it. In the mean while is it essential for me to use
apache ? can i do something by only using Tomcat.

                    Loïc Lefèvre
                    <llefevre@fiv        To:
          >              cc:
                                         Subject:     RE: Customize Url
                    11:51 AM
                    respond to

The answer is YES, using mod_rewrite apache module.
Add it to your <VirtualHost></VirtualHost> or in mod_jk.conf
if you don't use Virtual Host.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog /usr/local/tomcat/logs/rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel 9

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(.*) [NC]
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /index.jsp?$1 [PT]