tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ronald Ruzicka" <ronald.ruzi...@simutech.at>
Subject SSL with Tomcat via Apache
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:08:50 GMT
Hello,

I currently use TomCat 3.1 with Apache 1.3.14 on a server - and it works
fine:

resolving ordinary HTTP and SSL/HTTPS requests by Apache - ok
servlet requests by TomCat (Port 8080) via Apache - ok

Now I want to use https:/...servlet/foo to simply make a secure connection
for servlet requests - this does not work automatically.

Can anybody give me a hint, which port I should use and where I have to
configure it (within the tomcat/apache configuration files)?

Is this correct: for that configuration I don't need to have the new
tomcat-ssl, do I? And nothing has to be changed within my servlets?!

Thank you for your help and answers, and for information, where I can read
more about these things.

Sincerely,

Ronald Ruzicka
Simutech