tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <wapedi...@technologist.com>
Subject Re: Spanish characters
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:59:56 GMT
Hi!

I have the same behave when the server (in with tomcat runs) is not
configured properly with the spanish locale. I.E. if using Solaris, the
shell running tomcat has to be configured whith a locale like
'es_ES.ISO8859-15'. Some other times I had problems with unsupported
characters in Oracle but they were related to incorrect characterset in
Oracle itself. For Tomcat every problem have gone setting the correct
environment. If you have doubts about witch locale Tomcat is using, write a
simple JSP to print it it out (Locale.getDefault()).

HTH (if not, let me know).

Regards
Bob.