tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim" <...@aterminal.free-online.co.uk>
Subject RE: Making Tomcat 3.2 A Service On Win 2000 ( using jdk 1.3.0_02 )
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:06:18 GMT
Steve,

I recently set Tomcat up as a service on an NT box using JavaService :

http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/documentation.html

It's pretty straight forward to set up and has been working for a week now
with no probs whatsoever. JavaService was originally inspired by Windows
service issues with Tomcat so is an ideal solution.

Later, Tim.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Russell, Steve [mailto:Steve.Russell@valueoptions.com]
  Sent: 05 July 2001 19:48
  To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: Making Tomcat 3.2 A Service On Win 2000 ( using jdk 1.3.0_02 )

  Hi;

  I found some instructions at jakarta.apache.org for making tomcat a
service:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/NT-Service-howto.html

  It didn't answer some questions I would like to know before I begin.

  1. The instructions mention setting TOMCAT_HOME in wrapper.properties.
      Lets say this is c:\tomcat.....do I put it inq uotes?  Do I use the
"\" as a path seperator or a "/"?

  2. The instructions mention that there is a bug in jdk1.3 that if you
follow thei nstructions to make
      tomcat a service and you stop the service no clean up will happen.  Is
there anything bad about
      that?  What will not happen?   Does this bug also exist in jdk1.3.0_02
?

  Thanks in advance

  Steve Russell

  Web Developer III
  ValueOptions - Lifescape
  703-205-6589
  steve.russell@valueoptions.com

  the sender by email, delete and destroy this message and its
  attachments.