tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject RE: IOException and Tomcat hanging
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:36:15 GMT
are you using the JDBCRealm?

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
filip@filip.net
www.filip.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Xiaoyu Zhang [mailto:xyzhang@cisco.com]
  Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 10:16 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: IOException and Tomcat hanging

  Hi,
  I've got random java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Socket closed error
in my web application, which uses Tomcat 3.2.2 and struts. It happens only
when a link is clicked without the page fully loaded. I don't get any
exception while the page is fully loaded.

  The exception caught in the application is : SQLExcpetion: Io Exceptoin:
socket closed
  The exception at tomcat console is : ContextManager: SocketException
reading request, ignored - java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by
peer

  Did someone have similar case before ?

  Thanks.
  Xiaoyu

  attached:
  Error message in tomcat console:
  ContextManager: SocketException reading request, ignored -
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAvailable(Native Method)
  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(PlainSocketImpl.java:451)
  at java.net.SocketInputStream.available(SocketInputStream.java:137)
  at
onnectionHandler.java:217)
  at
  at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

  Error message our application caught:
  com.cisco.tte.rims.model.DatabaseErrorException: java.sql.SQLException: Io
exception: Socket closed
  at
com.cisco.tte.rims.model.Workspace.getAttributeById(Workspace.java:2809)
  at
com.cisco.tte.rims.actions.ViewWorkspaceConfigAction.handleAction(ViewWorksp
aceConfigAction.java:174)
  at com.cisco.tte.rims.actions.BaseAction.perform(BaseAction.java:174)
  at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.ja
va:1726)
  at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1536)
  at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)
  at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
  at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
  at
7)
  at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
  at
onnectionHandler.java:213)