tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Senthil Kumar Rajamanickam" <sent...@summitworks.com>
Subject RE: Forbidden error, you are unable to access /examples from this server: please help, very urgent
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:41:54 GMT
With the info.. I could not think of any specific reasons which might stop
you to set this up..

just try going through following tasks..

1. ref. to mod_jk how to manual which you have got along with tomcat, and
set up your mod_jk with apache ( you have to mount mod_jk in apache like
this (hey, are u doing your own mod_jk .dll file from source?if that is the
case check your source for any possible error which can be induced in the
source??)

"include  /jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto"
( I would recommend using conf-auto file, so that your tomcat will give all
the details)

2.check your apache and tomcat. (just test run your example servlet via
apache)
If your example application works fine..

Go ahead and mount a alias directory and try calling jet speed.
in case you get some error, check them in apache log and tomcat log for
error details, (I think that should help you solve the error)

let me know what is the error you are getting...So that I can try to get to
the core issue.

Also note, if you are using winNT, check for environment variables setting
too for tomcat_home, Apache_home and java_home settings, since in your
tomcat configuration files,  it picks up directory details calling this
environment variables.

Note, check if your tools.jar file is accessible by your system(it should be
in system path)

Hope this helps..
Cheers
Senthil Kumar.R