tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Olenin, Vladimir" <vladimir.ole...@globeinteractive.com>
Subject Request redirect
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:19:30 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to find the answer to my question in mail archieve, but
failed, so, hope, someone could help me. The question is how to make Tomcat
redirect some requests to another program, lets say an HTTP daemon, running
on a separate (or the same) workstation (it would be a Java application
listening for HTTP connections). Tomcat might redirect HTTP request based on
practically anything - it's not very important for me - some field in HTTP
header, URL parameter value or just some particular URL. As far as I know
Apache server can do redirection of HTTP request to another services based
on URL string (that's what I saw in docs for Tomcat 4.0). And as far as I
remember Microsoft IIS can do that as well. So, what about Tomcat? I guess
server.xml file should be modified (<Connector> section?), but nothing about
such capability is written in the docs.

Thanks a lot,

Vladimir

PS: I need this to for HTTP push daemon
PPS: alternatively, if anyone knows how to keep OutputStreams to clients
open after service() method exists, let me know (as for me this shouldn't be
possible, cause output stream is automatically closed by servlet container
when service() exits, but possibly I'm missing something...)