tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Albretch Mueller" <tomcat_lbrt...@hotmail.com>
Subject "Catalina only" version of Tomcat
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:23:58 GMT
Hi,

before I go on with configuration experiments, which are alawys problematic,
I would like to know what yur experience is with Tomcat running exclisive
servlets, and for that matter the 2.3 specification.

The servlets 2.2 package I have simply deleted from my system. But, how can
you customize a slim down version of tomcat in stand alone fashion to
process only servlets (+ XML) and forget about JSP's?

Can you simply delete all jasper*.* files and all references to them in the
web.xml and server.xml files?

Should Tomcat run faster this way?

Thanks