tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anahi Avalos Rubio" <>
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 04:28:07 GMT
Hi all,

I read the documentation for configurate tomcat 4.0 (into j2ee 1.3 and jdk
1.3.1 )with apache. So I read server.xml, and it tells me I need to make
some modifications to httpd.conf.  Then it says: here's how you make But I didn't find anything about this and neither
/src/connectors files.
Therefore I  downloaded TOMCAT(last version: 4b05)to get
I downloaded apr(apr_20010523060225.tar.gz)

But  I don't have ./buildconf file only the ./ I only
put this :
./configure --with-apr=apr/apr-util/include

/src/Apache1.3 directory  has mod_webapp.c and other that I dont remember.

But I  get the error:missing apr.  (something like that)

Can anyone help me with this error message?

If I dowload to tomcat 4.0(that is the goal of the previuos
lines), this could be fix? And What are the next steps? Or may be I need to
change to tomcat 3.xx.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks in advance,

p.d.: what is  the difference  between mod_jk and mod_webapp?(It is The
version of tomcat?)