tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Finneran" <...@digitalskyscrapers.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk for solaris
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 01:59:53 GMT
I was also having problems building apache to allow for mod_jk under Linux.
I got a bunch of errors when I ran:

$./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max

$make
$make install

I recieved several error msgs about my httpd.conf file. :o(

I had a hunch that the build script wasn't cleaning the target directories
so I blew it away manually using:

$rm -f -R /usr/local/apache

I then repeated the procedure the configure/make procedure as stated above
and
did a sanity check by firing up apache:

$/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

Just like magic, the previous httpd.conf error messages went away! :o)

Everything seems okay so far, but I still have a few more things to do...

Hope this helps!

Rob