tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject simple question
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:55:52 GMT
I know this is somewhat off topic, but I have looked everywhere and can't
find the answer to this simple question...

Is there a way to test and see whether a variable has been instantiated and
if it hasn't, instantiate it?

My problem is that I am working on an application that makes use of jsp's
that are included inside many others.  I want to use a bean, but if I call
it by a different name in every spot, then they don't share information.  If
I use the same name, and the containing jsp has already declared that it is
using the bean, then it gives me an error and says it has already been
declared.  Any ideas on how I can get around this?  Thank you in advance for
any help!!!

Brandon