tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brigger Patrick <Patrick.Brig...@GETABSTRACT.com>
Subject RE: keeping sessions when switching from http to https
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:04:40 GMT
When I try with cookies enabled, it works both on Netscape and IE 5.

Cookies disabled does not work on either.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Spreitzer [mailto:mspreitz@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 24. Juli 2001 19:13
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: keeping sessions when switching from http to https

Be careful when you experiment and report on this.  I have found that IE 5
carries cookies from http to https but Netscape 4 does not.  I have only
tested this with cookies, not URL-rewriting.  I'm grumped by this problem,
but it's not critcal for me yet --- for my current site, I think I can get
away with only having sessions on the https side.

Mike